Senior Accounts Assistant
Utopian Professional Recruitment are delighted to be working with our Glasgow based client who are looking to expand their Finance team and recruit a Senior Accounts Assistant.
This is a full time, permanent opportunity suited to an experienced professional who is looking for their next step within Finance. Working closely with an Accountant & Financial Controller you will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective service to support the wider business.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Complete month end financial accounting and reporting schedules
- Manage monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Process payroll in an accurate and timely manner
- Complete national and international payment runs
- Execute monthly intercompany netting / settlements
- Complete intercompany and bank reconciliations – multi currency
- Manage monthly VAT returns
- Process accounts payable invoices when required
- Ensure all SOX compliance is accurate and up to date
- Liaise with external auditors when required
- Provide support, guidance and coverage to the Accounts Assistant when required
To be considered for this opportunity, our client does require the following background / experience:
- Previous background working within a similar role or an Assistant looking to progress further
- Experience using Oracle advantageous
- Advanced MS Office experience
- Ideally an accounting qualification or working towards this
- Ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong administrative skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and work within dedicated timescales
- Flexibility to support the business
- A positive outlook, a ‘can do’ attitude and the drive and passion to push further
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work as part of a small successful team
This position is full time, permanent opportunity located West of Glasgow with an organisation which offer some brilliant benefits including flexi time | generous holiday allowance | Xmas & NY closure | Healthcare | Pension | Free onsite parking | Employee Assistance & so much more!
For further information, please apply by emailing your CV to Utopian Recruitment ASAP. Our client is looking to interview and recruit these positions as soon as possible.
To keep up to date with current opportunities be sure to follow the Utopian Professional Recruitment page on LinkedIn, Instagram & Facebook
Whilst Utopian Professional Recruitment strives to get in touch with all our applicants, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days after sending us your CV unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Utopian Professional Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.