Senior Tax Assistant
Utopian Professional Recruitment are delighted to be working with a leading Scottish based firm who are looking to hire an experienced Senior Tax Assistant on a full time, permanent basis.
You will work as part of a highly reputable and dedicated team and provide advice to individuals on income and capital gains tax matters and possible tax planning opportunities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage a portfolio of clients including collating and processing tax information, preparation of personal tax returns, computation of tax liabilities, managing the process through to submission of tax returns and providing advice for all matters relating to tax.
- Collating information from internal records or other sources
- Work closely with colleagues across the department on all client matters, providing support and assistance to colleagues
- Maintaining regular contact with clients
- Attend meetings with existing clients and potential new clients
- Dealing with HMRC compliance checks
- Take a proactive approach when managing clients and other external companies.
- Providing a first-class service to all clients at all times
To be considered for this opportunity, our client does require the following background / experience:
- Previous experience working within a similar role essential
- Experience in the preparation of personal tax returns
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build rapport and client relations
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Strong organisational skills
- A high level of accuracy with the ability to work to deadlines
- Good working knowledge of MS Office
This position is a full time, working Monday to Friday 9-5pm. Our client is offering a competitive salary which will be discussed at time of application, 25 days holiday plus 8 public, life cover, critical illness and pension.
For further information, please apply by emailing your CV to Utopian Recruitment ASAP. Our client is looking to interview and recruit these positions as soon as possible.
To keep up to date with current opportunities be sure to follow the Utopian Professional Recruitment page on LinkedIn, Instagram & Facebook
Whilst Utopian Professional Recruitment strives to get in touch with all our applicants, it isn’t always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days after sending us your CV unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Utopian Professional Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.