AML Compliance Assistant
Edinburgh (Home Based)
£Excellent & Benefits
Utopian Professional Recruitment are working in partnership with an award-winning firm who have a brilliant new opportunity available as an Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Assistant.
Working as part of a busy team you will support the firm with all AML compliance, monitor funds received and deal with client and matter management whilst reporting any unusual activity.
The ideal candidate for this role will have substantial experience of Anti-Money Laundering Compliance experience.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- You will review client CDD forms and documentation received from fee earners and ensure they comply with AML regulations
- Challenge where required the content of CDD forms and directly liaise with colleagues across the business
- Check in and appropriately respond to CDD forms and documentation received including correspondence and emails received by the AML team
- Report of clients who do not have appropriate CDD and liaise with colleagues accordingly
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues across the business to ensure appropriate CDD is obtained to comply with AML procedures
- Undertake verification of identity checks
- Review incoming funds to the firm’s client account
- Prepare and review risk assessments of clients
- Assist with the design and implementation of new AML policies, controls and procedures
- Undertake any other tasks when required
To be considered for this opportunity, our client is looking for the following background and/or experience:
- Background working within a Law firm or/and Legal sector
- Experience in compliance / risk management role
- Operational experience of AML compliance
- Excellent analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadline and always exercise initiative
- Strong problem solver with the ability to think ‘outside the box’
- Competent in MS Office including – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be a strong team player and a willingness and ability to cover colleagues' cases in their absence
Our client is open to chatting about the salary on offer as it will depend upon experience| Monday to Friday | Pension | Generous holiday allowance | Working from Home until further notice.
For further information, please apply by emailing your CV to Utopian Recruitment ASAP. Our client is looking to interview and recruit these positions as soon as possible.
To keep up to date with current opportunities be sure to follow the Utopian Professional Recruitment page on LinkedIn, Instagram & Facebook
Whilst Utopian Professional Recruitment strives to get in touch with all our applicants, it is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days after sending us your CV unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Utopian Professional Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.